We have prepared this Refund Policy to explain when you can request a refund with respect to products and services acquired from MyAfriBox or through us from our partners and/or affiliates (collectively “Services”).
General Terms: General terms apply to all refund eligible Services. In addition, there may be special term(s) that apply to a specific product and/or service and those are outlined below.
- In no event is the same Service eligible for more than one refund.
- Service(s) must be cancelled before we can issue a refund.
- No refund will be made if your Service(s) are suspended or terminated for cause.
- If purchased Service(s) include free domain name registration as part of a promotion or sale of the Service(s), and you cancel the purchased Service(s), the standard price for the domain name will be deducted from the refund amount. If the refund amount is less than the standard price for the domain, you must either elect to pay the difference or forfeit the domain, in which case, ownership of the domain will revert back to MyAfriBox.
- All refunds are processed in Euros: you, the customer, bear sole responsibility for any fluctuations in the exchange rate(s) between the time of payment and the time of refund.
- Unless you request otherwise, refunds will be credited to your MyAfriBox account balance/credit. Purchases made using MyAfriBox account credits can only be refunded as account credit. Purchases made by credit card or PayPal may be refundable to the source of payment. MyAfriBox is not responsible for any additional charges imposed by your credit card company or PayPal in the case of refund.
- Any processing fee(s) will be deducted from a refund.
Additional refund requirements may apply based on specific terms and conditions notified to you when purchasing any Service(s).
Domain Name Registration
- Unless this Refund Policy specifically provides for a refund, all fees for domain name registrations and related domain name Service(s) are non-refundable, in whole or in part, even if your domain name registration is suspended, cancelled or transferred prior to the end of your then current registration term.
- New domain name registrations may be refundable, at the sole discretion of MyAfriBox, if you, the registrant, cancel the domain name registration for a valid reason and the cancellation is processed within 3 days (72 hours) after registration. Please note that, in some cases, cancellation and refund are not available for new domain registrations due to restrictions imposed by the applicable registry or registry operating company.
- No refunds are available for fees paid for Premium Domain(s).
- No refunds are available for additional fees paid for Pre-Orders, Sunrise or Landrush periods or participation in an Early Access Program.
- In the case of an unsuccessful attempt to transfer a domain name to MyAfriBox, we will automatically refund any fees paid as an account credit.
- Unless this Refund Policy specifically provides for a refund, all fees for Web Hosting and related Service(s) are non-refundable, in whole or in part, even if your Web Hosting Service(s) are suspended or terminated prior to the end of your then current contract term.
- Package fees for Shared Hosting and VPS Hosting may be refundable, at the sole discretion of MyAfriBox, if you, the account holder, cancel within fifteen (15) days after purchase. You may receive a refund and only first-time accounts are eligible for the money-back guarantee.
- No refunds are available for the following:
- Any additional features, services or upgrades added to your Web Hosting package and purchased at additional fee;
- Any fees related to domain name registrations associated with your Web Hosting package;
- Any renewals of Web Hosting and related Service(s).
- Unless this Refund Policy specifically provides for a refund, all fees for SSL Certificates are non-refundable, in whole or in part.
- If a refund is available, fees for SSL Certificates will be refunded in the form of an account credit.
- In order to qualify for a refund you must do one of the following within thirty (30) days after purchase: that is, you must 1) obtain issuance and thereafter make a written request for a refund within fifteen (15) days of that date; 2) attempt at issuance and be unsuccessful, in which case the refund will be credited to your account automatically; or 3) make no attempt at issuance but make a written refund request to MyAfriBox.
All other Services are non-refundable, including but not limited to:
- Transfers or renewals of domain name registrations;
- Fees for recovery or reactivation of domain names;
- Dedicated Servers or Dedicated IP Addresses;
- Whois Protection subscriptions;
- Any Services purchased or acquired at a reduced fee or on promotion; or
- Any fees paid by you to MyAfriBox for providing non-service related support.
If you think you are eligible for a refund, you can submit a helpdesk ticket here. You must include the following information in your request:
- Why you are asking for a refund;
- Transaction identifying information (e.g. account username, support pin, transaction number, domain name, date of purchase); and
- Any additional information the Customer Service team asks for in order to process your refund request.
If you have questions about our Refund Policy, you can contact MyAfriBox us here.
You may also contact us at:
AFR-IX telecom S.L
Calle Àlaba, 61
08005 Barcelona, Spain
+34 933 94 19 03